A 2 day program to
A 2 day program to be run in Brisbane, 29-30 June 2020. Day 1 is optional for people who have substantial experience in systematic reviews and meta-analysis.
Attendees can register for one day, or both. The cost of the workshops will be per day and determined closer to the date.
2 day workshop with the current GRADE Workshop preceded by a Systematic Review and Meta-analysis day
The program aims to enable participants to explore the theories and concepts relating to GRADE and the development of Summary of Findings tables and Evidence Profiles. Additionally, we aim to equip participants with the knowledge and tools they need to successfully use GRADE as part of the systematic review, Health Technology Assessment or Guideline Development process.
The objectives are:
- To introduce participants to the work of the GRADE working group
- To explain the rationale behind the GRADE approach
- To explain the key factors to consider when assessing certainty of the evidence
- To provide hands on experience developing summary of findings tables/evidence profiles
- To introduce the GRADE approach to developing recommendations and the Evidence to Decision Framework
- To provide advice about additional resources for guidance following the workshop
This day aims to provide participants with comprehensive understanding of the processes involved in undertaking a systematic review answering a question about the effectiveness of a treatment, intervention, therapy or strategy.
The objectives are to prepare participants to:
- Become familiar with the different types of quantitative research and study designs including experimental, observational and descriptive studies
- Learn the key principles involved in risk of bias assessment/critical appraisal, data extraction and data synthesis
- To undertake meta-analysis and interpret a forest plot
Registrations will open early 2020. Expressions of interest to get on the mailing list can be sent to email@example.com
29 (Monday) 8:00 am - 30 (Tuesday) 5:00 pm