Healthcare professionals are immersed in the health system every day, and can see first-hand the areas that are wasteful and need improvement, but they may lack the skills or time to collect the data and deliver a solution.
AusHSI has extensive hands-on experience of delivering innovation and improvements for better health services and provides a range of consultancy services.
By partnering with AusHSI, health service organisations can benefit from expert guidance and consultancy services, as well as rigorous, evidence-based approaches that result in greater efficiencies and improved patient outcomes.
If you are interested to partner with AusHSI please contact our Operations Director Megan Campbell by emailing email@example.com or calling (+61) 7 3138 0307.
Health Services Evaluation
AusHSI undertakes evaluations of health service changes and modelling of potential changes using real-world data, to provide decision-makers with evidence-based insights to invest in innovations with optimal benefits and return on investment.
Our evaluation and modelling processes give decision-makers quality evidence to confidently reallocate budgets for better services. They also help determine which innovations should be supported for implementation, and guide future research and innovation investment strategy.
Implementation of Innovations
A potentially large barrier to innovation is knowledge of how to implement and sustain better services in a complex health services environment. While evidence to support innovations may be available, there is a need for evidence to be presented appropriately, for the context in which the innovation will happen to be understood, and for the active ingredient of facilitation to be added.
AusHSI is at the forefront of implementation research in Australia. We are skilled in designing and facilitating implementation plans for known innovations following proven frameworks to ensure successful translation.
Statistical Services and Modelling
AusHSI is expert in applying statistical analysis and clinical insight to complex health datasets to strategically understand and interpret information for decision making.
AusHSI focuses on simple design and effective planning of research questions and statistical methods. AusHSI seeks to create transparent results that help clinical decisions-makers, and inform health policy and practice.
Learning and Development
AusHSI provides a range of learning and development options to suit the needs of different health service organisations. We offer a range of practical short courses including in-house courses, which can be drawn from our existing offering or designed to meet your organisation’s specific requirements.
Find out more about our education courses here.
AusHSI works with clients across Australia to undertake a wide range of consulting projects both large and small. While we have experience in delivering extensive statewide initiatives, we also deliver many small projects. All our projects are focused on providing value and return on investment.
Here is a snapshot of consulting projects we have delivered:
- Queensland Department of Health: Clinical Excellence Queensland – Evaluation of the Integrated Care Innovation Fund
- Australian Institute of Sport: Investing in Healthcare – How to get the most out of your resources.
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) – Evaluation of DVA Treatment Cycle Initiative.
- Metro North Hospital and Health Service – Risk Adjustment of Clinical Outcome Data
- Metro North Hospital and Health Service – Developing evidence to support cost effectiveness and alternative finance models for selected Interventional Neuroradiology procedures
- Adelaide Primary Health Network – Evaluation of HealthPathways South Australia
- Mater Hospital, Brisbane North PHN, Metro South Hospital and Health Service – Refugee health: Policy development support, and Evaluation of delivery of COVID-19 information
- Queensland Health, Mental Health and Other Drugs Branch – Evaluation of the Suicide Risk Assessment and Management in Emergency Department (SRAM-ED) training package.