Friday 11 February 2022.
A one-day statistics refresher course for people who have had some practical experience with statistics or some undergraduate statistics training. The course focuses on simple study designs and some common mistakes, with a range of practical exercises throughout the day.
This course focuses on the choice of what statistics to use and interpretation of the output (practicalities of running analyses and the use of software are not covered in this course).
Who is this course designed for?
Healthcare professionals (all levels of experience and background are welcome), policy makers, academics and students.
- common mistakes in study designs and statistical analyses
- sample size
- statistical significance (p<0.05) and confidence intervals
- non-parametric versus parametric tests
- the Normal assumption
- the basics of causal diagrams
- randomised controlled trials
- pre-post designs (before and after studies)
Participants are requested to bring their own fully-charged laptop.
- Finally! Someone who explains statistics not just clearly, but in a non-boring fashion.
- Best training course I have ever done! I have very little training in statistics and was worried some/most would go over my head. This was not the case and I attribute this to the teaching style – Adrian made it very easy to understand, using real life/tangible examples. Excellent course.
Contact us to register your interest for the upcoming course on Friday 11 February 2022.